This post was created in partnership with Tropicana, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
August was what I like to call the calm before the storm. The chill month when you take your final summer vacations, enjoy the warmth, and generally take it easy. I know I was pretty lazy for the month of August, but now that JB starts Kindergarten (I know) in a few short days, I’m begun making changes to my daily routine in anticipation for a much more hectic daily schedule.
JB, of course, attends school Mon-Friday, but he also has tutoring on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and swim lessons on Thursdays. In the late fall, we’ll also be adding soccer and maybe music lessons. Bear in mind, I’m a full-time content creator, so my schedule is about to get crazy. But even if you don’t have a school-age child, this time of year brings with it a new energy that calls for changes in your daily routine. I’m going to be on the go quite a bit, which means, being organized and on my game will be how I ensure my kid has all he needs, I get my work done, and I look cute while doing it.
I don’t have it all together. I’ll never pretend to have it all together, but looking my best helps me. It helps me to feel better about life’s craziness, and it helps me to stay positive. If I’m sitting around in my doo-rag, and pimple cream on my face day in and day out, I’m less productive. Being organized, eating good-for you snacks, and throwing on a little lip gloss and mascara makes this girl a happy girl, and a happy girl gets stuff done.
But we don’t have a lot of time, right ladies? So here are a few, tried and true tips to keep it cute, while keeping it together (most days).
1. Prep everything you need for each day from the night before. Your kid(s) lunch, your lunch, your outfit, your makeup, his/her outfit, everything. Have everything packed up, and/or laid out so when morning comes about you just grab and go.
2. Eat breakfast. Seriously. Do it. I have coffee with mine, of course, but I’m limiting myself to one cup a day. Throughout the day, I like to add high energy snacks and drinks to my diet. My fav on-the-go-drinks are the Tropicana Single Serve beverages.
Tropicana Drinks contain no artificial sweeteners and no artificial flavors. Tropicana Coco Blends: Pineapple with Coconut Water is my personal fav. It contains 15% fruit juice and 10% coconut water, and this little juice boost keeps me energized throughout the day in a way that doesn’t give me crazy sugar jitters. Learn more about Tropicana single serve beverages HERE. Or just grab a bottle at your local grocery store and just throw it in the bag!
As for snacks, I’m heavy on nuts. Trail mix, in particular. It’s filling, good for you, and has just enough sugar to keep you going without an end-of-day crash. I wash it down with one of my go-to Tropicana single-serve drinks or water.
3. Wear easy outfits. Dresses, Jumpsuits with blazers. Matching sets. Keep things as simple as possible. We aren’t in high school anymore, nobody is watching if you wear the same article of clothing twice in one week. Also, use one purse throughout the week. That way you’re not swapping things in and out, which will inevitably result in forgetting something of importance.
I snagged this super cute jumpsuit for $23 at Target. I plan to rock it 2 times a week. Mix it up with different jackets or maybe a t-shirt underneath. It can even be worn with heels or flats. It’s a keeper, and perfect for women on the go.
4. Wear a little makeup. As we know, I’m a makeup fanatic, but you don’t have to be. All you’ll need are 5 makeup items to look cute without doing too much. They are as follows:
- Foundation or BB cream. My current fav is the Physician’s Formula healthy elixir foundation. It provides medium coverage and gives a natural looking glow. I wear the shade DPN3
- Eyebrow Pencil. Elf’s brow pencils are cheap and do the job.
- A nude lipgloss. Fenty’s Gloss Bomb is perfect for every skin tone.
- A setting powder. Laura Mercier’s Translucent setting powder is the GOAT.
- Blush. And as we know, I stan for Juvia’s Place blush palette. It’s cheap, and I literally can’t do my makeup without. See HERE for my review.
Ladies, that’s it. Be kind to yourself. With a little bit of daily prep, we can keep our wits about us, and our fashunz on fleek. Stay healthy, too. Work out, drink water and prepare for those moments you might need a pick-me-up in a pinch by popping a Tropicana single serve in your bag and I promise, you’ll be ready to grab this life by the bullhorns.
Your turn! Share your daily tips for balancing/juggling all of life’s hassles from day-to-day below! What keeps you sane and cute (most days)? Sound off below!